Sunday, February 26, 2012

Out and About


For those who have been offline for a few weeks (or purposely avoiding me), you may not know that my first novel, The Qualities of Wood, was published at the end of January. Since then, I've been out and about, not literally, but figuratively speaking because in reality, I've spent most of the time since then in pajamas. Here's a brief recap of some articles I've written this month, and some interviews I've given. If you've already seen them, or read them, or have been purposely avoiding them, my apologies. It's all about me, me, ME!

Roz Harris asked me to write a piece on the influence of music while writing my novel. It's a weekly series, and well worth a look, and can be found here:  Undercover Soundtrack.

Authonomy let me ramble on their blog about my experience on the site and the often lonely writing life:  Writing into the Void.

My publisher, Scott Pack, said some very nice things on his blog, Me and My Big Mouth, although I was disappointed there wasn't cursing.

The multi-talented Rena Rossner asked me very insightful questions on My Baby Loves a Bunch of Authors. Jot her name down; you'll be hearing about her writing in the near future.

Deb at the Book Stop wrote a lovely review and with great magnanimousness (yes, that's a word--I looked it up), had me back for an interview about some of my motivations and intentions for the book. Visit the Book Stop, whether you want to read the stuff about me or not. It's a great blog.

So my first month as a published author has been fabulous. If you haven't secured your copy of The Qualities of Wood (my book, which you may or may not have heard about), be warned that the low, introductory price will soon be gone. Just a few more days to get it at the bargain price of $1.99 or whatever the equivalent is wherever you live.

1 comment:

  1. I follow the journey of your book's promotion through cyber with fascination :) Great show :)

    ReplyDelete

"As soon as we express something, we devalue it strangely. We believe ourselves to have dived down into the depths of the abyss, and when we once again reach the surface, the drops of water on our pale fingertips no longer resemble the ocean from which they came...Nevertheless, the treasure shimmers in the darkness unchanged." ---Franz Kafka